Criminal Record Clearance Certificate
This eService allows Rwandans and foreigners living in Rwanda to apply for a Criminal Record Certificate.
You have 2 option for applying for this service:
1. Press “Apply for E-certificate” you will get the certificate on your email or via sms with a code to download it.
NB: E-criminal record certificate is currently for applicants in Kigali
2. Press “Apply” for a physical certificate outside Kigali, you will submit application and pick the district of your choice for pick
Who can apply?
(NEW): Foreigners living or who once lived in Rwanda :
Are invited to apply for their Criminal Record Clearance Certificate from NPPA Headquarters in Kigali with the support of dedicated support agents based at Ministry of Justice in Kimihurura/High Court building block.
Upon application (between 8 AM and 12PM) and review the applicant shall be able to receive their certificate the same day.
Citizens of Rwanda living abroad - Apply through Embassy of Rwanda
For any assistance, Talk to us via 9099
Documents that support the reason for request
Step 1: Apply
i. Online: Before you apply, login using the first 13-digits of your national ID and password. If you are not registered with Irembo, click the "Sign Up" button above and register using your National ID and the Phone number registered to your ID. All foreigners shall approach Irembo agents to apply using their passports.
2. Payment: Once you complete application, you can directly pay online using a VISA or MasterCard card, OR select another option (Mobile Money on MTN (*182#), Airtel (*182#) or Tigo (*310#) or visit a BK branch or agent close to you)
3. You will receive an SMS and/or email to confirm the application, followed by a payment confirmation
4. When should you go to pick the certificate: Once the Criminal Record Officer receives your application, he/she will review and approve your application. A notification will be sent informing you that your application has been approved and is ready for pick up. If you don’t receive an SMS within three working days after submission, please contact or visit the NPPA office.
Beginning with April 12th, 2019 , the above certificate will be issued digitally through email.
5. Picking the Certificate: Appear at the National Public Prosecution Authority (NPPA) office selected, with proof of payment details ready (SMS notification from Irembo or Bank Slip) and supporting documents required for this service (where applicable)